RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3524
Joined  2007-01-29

Excellent—thanks!

Posted: 26 September 2008 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  159
Joined  2007-02-15

Excellent resource, nice one Dave (again).

On one of my first forays, I hit upon a digital etymological French dictionary. It’s a Google book and seems to have been rendered in PDF with nominal HTML views (including some tags, etc).

However, it is a useful book to use along with some of the words in the AND so here is a link to what I got from a Google search. Probably could be improved (how the hell do you find the start page?!) but it’s a start, I know nothing from PDF or Google books, how do you navigate in these things? Sorry for my ignorance, couple of Belgian beers down my neck doesn’t help…

link

Posted: 26 September 2008 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2344
Joined  2007-01-30

Navigate by entering a page number (Pagina) or by using the arrow symbols next to it to go forwards or backwards one page. Search for a word in the Zoeken in dit boek box to the right (there’s also one at the head of the page).

Posted: 28 September 2008 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  159
Joined  2007-02-15

Thanks aldiboronti, and sorry for this late response (was offline for a couple of days), but I meant that the PDF search function didn’t highlight text for me in the document (though I didn’t say that originally, see bit about Belgian beers) in the normal way.

Does it present the line with the search word in it at the top of the screen? I just don’t understand why my pdf plug-in does’t seem to include the highlighting feature.

‹‹ School keeps      Ponto ››