Suggestion for adding a helpful element to the page
Posted: 27 January 2010 03:56 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  93
Joined  2008-05-07

This is a very minor suggestion:

I participate in a few other online discussion boards that use a layout similar to that of Wordorigins. A few of them use the convenient device of repeating the hyperlinked breadcrumbs shown at the top of the page at the bottom. ("Forum Home > Wordorigins.org Discussion Forums...")

As I said, this is minor, but it’s mildly annoying to see that a new entry has been posted, open the topic, scroll to the bottom of the page, discover that someone has written, “I agree with what X said” (or worse, discover that it’s spam), then have to scroll up to the top again to return to the list of topics.

And, yes, I know I can use the Back arrow, and I could go on apologizing for bringing up such a trivial matter, but I’ll just say that--assuming it doesn’t require too much effort for you to set up--it would make an already pleasant experience even more so.

Posted: 27 January 2010 06:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4599
Joined  2007-01-03

Thanks. Good suggestion. It shouldn’t be hard to implement.

Posted: 27 January 2010 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1153
Joined  2007-02-14

Perhaps not so easy to implement, another improvement would be if, when going to a thread that you had already visited it could drop you right to the first unread post in that thread.

Posted: 28 January 2010 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4599
Joined  2007-01-03

That I can’t do. I can do all sorts of things with the format of the page, but the programming logic for the forum is beyond my control.

Posted: 28 January 2010 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1153
Joined  2007-02-14

I figured.

‹‹ Comments      Posting links to images . . . ››