New host
Posted: 07 February 2007 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2331
Joined  2007-01-30

Wow! what a difference! Greased lightning, so to speak.

Posted: 07 February 2007 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4740
Joined  2007-01-03

Yeah, I don’t know what was wrong with the SQL server at my current ISP, but this one is much, much better.

Posted: 07 February 2007 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3493
Joined  2007-01-29

I agree.  Fast reply now lives up to its name!

Posted: 08 February 2007 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1369
Joined  2007-01-29

From a whingeing Pom* - one further little gripe - is it possible to highlight the NEW TOPIC boxes so that new posts or replies stand out, to save digging around in all sorts of threads?  I don’t like cluttering up my mailbox with more stuff.

*(who invited her anyway?)

Posted: 08 February 2007 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4740
Joined  2007-01-03

The topics that have been posted to most recently will move to the top of the list. The most recent post in a topic will be at the bottom of the page. (I can reverse either or both of these orders, but this seems to be the most logical way to do it.)

If you are using the “default” theme for the forums (you have the choice of several), the folder next to the topic will be a darker color if it has new posts in it. Note you must be logged in to see the color difference as everything will be “new” if you are not logged in.

I too get no results with the “view new topics” function. But I’ve only tried it after I’ve read all the new threads. I think you have to have unread items for anything to show up.

‹‹ Registration Delays      The Big List ››