Post with most hits
Posted: 22 October 2010 07:15 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  803
Joined  2007-06-20

Just out of sheer idle curiosity, is the “origins of the word ‘cougar’” post (currently 10,000 hits and rising) the most-hit post on the site ever? (There is probably an easy way for me to find this out myself, but unfortunately I don’t know it …)

Posted: 22 October 2010 07:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3337
Joined  2007-01-29

An interesting question, but how do you know how many hits that post has gotten?  (I’m probably exhibiting what my wife calls male-pattern blindness.)

Posted: 22 October 2010 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2745
Joined  2007-01-31

I don’t know which “theme” you guys have chosen to view the discussion board main page with, nor the features of all the themes, but in the “Developer” there, there is a pane on the left showing the 10 most recently active threads, and on the right another pane showing the threads with the most replies (if zythophile actually means specific posts, rather than threads, I have no idea how one would tell, or what a “hit” would count as) that also shows the number of views.  The all-time record-holder (here) appears to be the “Koran vs Qur’an” thread, with 97 replies and over 27800 views.

Posted: 22 October 2010 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4478
Joined  2007-01-03

Yeah, I don’t know how to organize the display to sort by number of views, or even if you can. The data is clearly there, I’m not just not sure if it can be viewed other than by clicking through each screen one by one.

Posted: 22 October 2010 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  803
Joined  2007-06-20

Sorry, I’m guilty of misusing the terminology. I meant ‘views’, which I’m assuming, perhaps incorrectly, is the same as ‘hits’, and which when I look at the list of posts is the fourth column from the left, after ‘replies’.