Ignoring posts
Posted: 22 December 2012 03:42 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1371
Joined  2007-01-29

Dave, is it possible for the IGNORE choice to extend to when registered members are not logged-in? I choose to log out every time and prefer to remain that way, but it does mean that contributors whose posts for whatever reason I’ve chosen to ignore, are visible until I log in.  My home page of choice is the discussion page, and I suppose one way round is to change that to the Forum Home page, but just wondering?

Posted: 22 December 2012 05:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4783
Joined  2007-01-03

Sorry, it’s not possible. If you log out, the site treats you as a “visitor,” with no preference settings or history, until you log back in again. In short, the software doesn’t know it’s you until you log in.

Posted: 23 December 2012 05:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1186
Joined  2007-02-14

On the other hand, I, for one, find it extremely easy to ignore a given person’s comments.  I just don’t read them.

Posted: 23 December 2012 05:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1286
Joined  2007-03-21

I also had ignored a poster and thankfully the whole thread is being ignored. But it looks like that might be because the ignored poster is the one who started the thread. Is that the case?

I did sign on using another machine and saw the whole thread because I wasn’t signed in. I understand that. But unlike Eliza, I don’t sign out when I leave. I just close the browser/page. So when I go to the discussion I don’t see the thread, but I get a message that says that “this thread is being ignored because you have ignored ______”

Wasn’t it the case in the old board that you could “delete” or “ignore” whole threads?

Posted: 30 December 2012 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3129
Joined  2007-02-26

We are certainly attracting a loquacious breed of troll these days.