Lack of Posts to Main Site/Delays in Weekly Newsletter
Posted: 26 September 2007 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4461
Joined  2007-01-03

You may have noticed that I have drastically slowed my additions to the main site (e.g., the Big List) and the weekly newsletter has become sporadic (mainly because I haven’t been doing a lot of posting to the site and there isn’t much new content).

This is mainly due to the fact that I’ve started a course in Old English at UC Berkeley and between that (several hours daily of trying to read things like Aelfric’s Preface to Genesis) and my full-time job, I just don’t have that much time to devote to new content.

Please bear with me. In the long run, my taking the course will significantly improve the content of Wordorigins.org, but it is causing a short-term disruption in my posting frequency. The worst part is right now, as reading even the simplest passages takes great time and effort. But as the semester progresses, I suspect that I will become more adept at it, the demands it makes on my time will lessen, and I’ll have more time for posting new content.

Posted: 26 September 2007 11:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1363
Joined  2007-01-29

We’re all going to benefit from your increased insight (as we already do from your knowledgeable and succinct comments) but good luck with the course anyway, Dave.

Posted: 27 September 2007 05:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3331
Joined  2007-01-29

What Eliza said.  Enjoy Old English (I know I did), and drop by when you get the chance!

‹‹ The Harmless Drudge      setting a profile ››