2 of 2
Is it a fishfinder or a fish finder? 
Posted: 10 April 2017 08:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  281
Joined  2007-02-16

Aldi, Women are in the kitchen cooking the catch of the day – they know their plaice!

Posted: 11 April 2017 01:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2999
Joined  2007-01-30

Skibs, you are incorrigible. I’m fortunate though, my wife always keeps to her perch.

Posted: 11 April 2017 02:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2652
Joined  2007-02-19

There’s something very fishy about those last remarks, you witty fellows! Upon my sole, you leave me floundering in vain search of an apt remark to cap yours........I shall have to mullet a little longer.

Fatuous question of the week (seen on a food site): “How long does caviar last?”.  Obvious answer: “Around me, no time at all!”

Posted: 11 April 2017 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4457
Joined  2007-01-29

Time to break out I Lobster And Never Flounder (lyrics).  She was the bass I ever had!

Posted: 11 April 2017 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2015-05-27

Personally, I’m doing “inshore saltwater fishing” in situations where mostly the ‘finder is telling me about the nature of the bottom and helping me find the most likely *places* to fish. The best way to catch fish is to fish where the fish are and a ‘finder helps you to do that.

From your comments I guess that side-view technology has improved greatly since I last looked into it. It used to be that you had to be in about 10’ of water or more for side-view to work. And for inshore, when I’m rarely fishing more than 3’ deep it didn’t work at all.

Aldi - I thoroughly enjoy the quiet relaxation of fishing - but it’s still a very active experience. The slow-paddling of my kayak through marshes, enjoying the birds (and occasional alligators), the gentle lap of the waves, the jumping of mullet - all that is punctuated by my nearly constant lure-chunking in hope of landing a desirable fish. But I don’t really care if I don’t catch a fish.

And it’s certainly not sexist to presume that fishermen will be, well, men. In my experience the ratio is about 10 male to 1 female, including wives fishing with their husbands. But there are plenty of women out there.

Posted: 12 April 2017 06:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  883
Joined  2007-02-07
Bayaker - 11 April 2017 06:27 PM

From your comments I guess that side-view technology has improved greatly since I last looked into it. It used to be that you had to be in about 10’ of water or more for side-view to work. And for inshore, when I’m rarely fishing more than 3’ deep it didn’t work at all.

I’m running the Raymarine downvision wide spectrum Wi-Fish. It integrates with the Navionics app that I run on an iPad in a waterproof case. It works fine in shallow water, but I’m mostly in the 10ft to 50ft range. However, my OP was prompted because I’m writing an article about battery power for fishfinders on float tubes. I don’t want to spam the forum with an off-topic link, but if you search on YouTube for “Ornery Bob” you will be able to see my setup.

Posted: 12 April 2017 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3938
Joined  2007-02-26

And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you menfishers

2 of 2