“Most Recent Topics"--not! 
Posted: 26 February 2007 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2745
Joined  2007-01-31

What’s gone wrong with the “Most Recent Topics” display on the “Forum Home” page?  It doesn’t seem to be changing the order any more when new posts are made to threads.

Edit: OK, it did put this thread at the top of the list just after I created it.  But it’s been ignoring new posts in other threads, and the order of display matches neither the order of creation nor the order of most recent posting.

Further edit: This list is apparently only visible in the “Developer” (read: Buggy Beta) theme.

[ Edited: 26 February 2007 06:24 PM by Dr. Techie ]

Posted: 26 February 2007 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2007-02-17

Working fine with the default.

Rich

Posted: 26 February 2007 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-01-31

Working fine with the default.

The list I’m referring to is not visible in the default theme, unless it works very differently for you than for me.  Not sure what you’re looking at, but I don’t think it’s the thing I’m talking about.

Posted: 26 February 2007 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1363
Joined  2007-01-29

The list doesn’t update on my screen, either.  I’ve just posted in the “Biggest Dic” thread, which is only sixth on the list.  I use Developer.

Posted: 27 February 2007 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4478
Joined  2007-01-03

It displays the topics in the order the topic was created, not the order of the last post. Not the most useful of features, I’ll admit.

Posted: 27 February 2007 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-01-31

It does seem to be going by order of creation now, but I checked that possibility last night before posting my message, and at that point it was ordering them neither by time of last post nor by time of creation.

Posted: 27 February 2007 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2007-02-17

Interesting. I had never seen the most recent topics box because, I had always changed to the developer theme while viewing the topic. When you do this and go back to the topic listing page, it reverts to default. when you try to change back to developer, it automatically goes back to the topic, as it switches to developer. ??? It’s hard to explain and I’ve had a hard (There’s a word to explore) day.

Anyway, I logged out and logged back in. I then switched to developer and saw the most recent topics box. You are correct, they were in random order.  Strange.

Rich

‹‹ Profiles      Forum Feature Requests ››